Inspired by the new film Illumination, Minions: The Rise of Gruthe Minions have teamed up with graphic designer Verdy, founder of streetwear labels Girls Don’t Cry and Wasted Youth, to launch the Verdy x Minions capsule collection exclusively at Universal Studios Hollywood, starting June 17, and Universal Studios Japan, from June. 24th.
What is happening:
- To celebrate the initiative, celebrity guests were treated to a preview of the collection at a private party at Universal Studios Hollywood on Thursday, June 16, which included music from DJ Zack Bia, access to the Despicable Me ride Minion Mayhem and the Super Silly Boutique, where the collection will be available for purchase, plus photo ops with Minions characters from Illumination and Vick de Verdy, exclusive cocktails, appetizers and more!
- Combining two global brands, both of which are highly appealing, the Verdy x Minions collection brings together the playful Minions with Verdy’s iconic character, Vick, following a record-breaking, sold-out collaboration between the two style icons in 2020. The limited run will include t t-shirts, hoodies, long sleeve shirts, hats, accessories and skateboards brought to life with graphics featuring the new Minion Otto paired up as a duo with Vick. Additional designs include the larger-than-life Minions featured on long-sleeved t-shirts, as well as graphic t-shirts and jackets featuring a reimagined design of Verdy’s yellow rose in a box with the Minions creating mayhem around from her.
- Verdy x Minions is available exclusively at Universal Studios Hollywood, starting June 17, and Universal Studios Japan, starting June 24, 2022, with a special limited edition launching July 1, the same day Minions: The Rise of Gru arrives in theaters.
What they say :
- The artist Verdy said: “I’m excited to continue my relationship with the Enlightenment Minions. Making my character Vick a mascot and interacting with the Minions characters at Universal Studios theme parks in Hollywood and Japan seems unreal. It’s a dream come true. reality.”
- Scott Schiraj, Director, Franchise Management, Universal Brand Development, said: “Illumination’s Minions are global icons, and they’ve had a profound influence on pop culture and fashion around the world. Our first Verdy x Minions collab sold out in less than 60 seconds. Fans wanting more, we’re delighted to collaborate with Verdy on a new capsule inspired by Minions: The Rise of Gru and we’ve strategically partnered with our Universal Studios theme parks in Hollywood and Japan, to launch the collection as an exclusive – super fan-service with early access to these coveted limited-edition drops.